Tuesday, July 27, 2010

TTM News (5 Day Mail Service)

The United States Postal Service is pushing to downgrade to a five-day delivery week. In my opinion, it wouldn't be a bad thing. Yeah , I wouldn't get any successes over the weekend, but that isnt exactly my main focus on my day off anyhow. The USPS is a business, and as most business' run a five-day week already, they are basically doing more deliveries than pick-ups on any given Saturday.

Please weigh in on this topic in the form of a comment and let us know what your thoughts are.

3 comments:

  1. For me, I guess it wouldn't really make a difference. Like you said, the mail isn't the main focus on your day off.

    If it makes more sense business-wise for them, then I say go for it. It's hard to tell someone to not try and save money in this economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's been that way in Canada forever... then again, they've also privatized almost 50% of mail delivery, and service has gone downhill fast over the last two years.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In Canada we always have 5 day service but 7 would be cool but give the workers a rest right??

    ReplyDelete