Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Offering

Sometimes I like to take a break from the hobby I love and try something new. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the fact that my children enjoy hockey as much as I do and they like to get autographs almost as much as I do.

Every now and then we like to take some time together that we call "Adventure Weekends"

Last weekend we took a trip to Venice, Florida to try our luck at shark tooth hunting.

In a little over two hours we managed to come away with our treasures seen above. These are believed to be relics from the Miocene Era. At least that is what the natives told us.

I know this is not a TTM post or even an in person adventure, but in order to truly appreciate our hobby and not burn yourself out of it, I would like to suggest a having a few adventure weekends of your own.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys had a fun weekend and came home with some great souvenirs. Those teeth are scary-looking! I especially like the one on the top left with the serrated edges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very cool.

    And I agree that the hobby is just that - a hobby. If it starts to feel like work, then it is time to re-assess.

    Taking the time to get out and enjoy things is big.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the compliments. This trip has become a bit addictive. It was very cool sifting through seafloor debri and looking for the teeth.We also found a ton of cool shells.

    I highly suggest any one that live close to the ocean to give it a shot.

    ReplyDelete