Friday, March 12, 2010

TTM Response (Bryan Trottier)


Bryan Trottier Hall of Famer from the New York Islanders dynasty of the 1980's swapped out the cards I sent to him for the above piece from a recycling company he does work with. I saw a few returns lately and thought that I will give up the cards I sent a while back for any card signed. After opening the mail It took all of about 5 seconds to see it was a facsimile.
I will deem this as a response and not a success. I will still post his address just in case any of you would like to get a copy of the card. Just don't send anything you want back.

Address: 504 Bluegrass Drive Canonsburg, PA 15317
Sent: 10-19-08 (2 trading card)
Return: 3-10-10 (1 Trading Card)

Note: Kept my cards and returned a pre-printed card of his own.

3 comments:

  1. I got the same thing sending c/o the Islanders.

    The worse news: it took him TWO YEARS to get that response to me. And like you, he kept my cards.

    I used to like Trottier, then this happened. And combined with a story from a guy at a message board I post at regarding a trade a guy made with him (a pretty awesome colored pencil drawing that a friend of his did in exchange for a game-used helmet-- when he received the helmet in the mail, it wasn't of a color or style that Trotts ever wore in his career), he's gone to #1 on my "Pfft, why bother?" list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True. I would rather get a RTS than fakes or preprints anyday

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd mind it even less if I had actually gotten back what I had sent. Those are three cards down the drain, including one for a set I'm trying to get signed. Granted, each card is worth a dime each so I can replace them easily, but still, it's the principle of the matter.

    And if you keep them, then please, use your own envelope, and give my SASE back unused! I just lost almost 75 cents needlessly, when you include the cards and the stamp!

    *steps off soapbox*

    ReplyDelete