Friday, April 16, 2010

Just out of curiosity

Today I recieved a good comment that I would like to address as a post.

Paul asks: Just out of curiosity, how many TTM autographed cards would you say you have gotten back?

That is a good question and I am curious myself. I only recently started keeping track as of this year. Mostly for the sake of Puckhound's blog and even more recently this blog. In 20 years of hounding and TTM I have never kept track of any success other than in my head via memory. I can tell you the story behind every signature I have received in person, and I know which ones the postman brought to me.

I always went with the belief that if it was meant to be, It would.

For the Record:
In the past 12 months that I have kept records, I have sent out 278 requests. I have received 14 Return To Senders, and have had 167 successful returns.

I know this isn't the best answer but it is the only one I can supply. Hope it helps.

2 comments:

  1. I am just starting to do some TTM's and am hoping to get a 60-65% success rate. That's with the knowledge that for the most part, I will be sending to reliable addresses and known returners.

    Anything under 50% would be deemed a disappointment to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've sent out about 20 in the past, mainly to the Detroit Red Wings, and had a success rate of nearly 100%.

    I've also just recently started sending card exclusively to former goaltenders and have gotten 1 of 2 back so far. And that one I got back within a week of sending it.

    ReplyDelete